GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Succession planting, zone 7 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96099-succession-planting-zone-7-a.html)

DrLith 18-06-2005 05:32 PM

Succession planting, zone 7

I'm in mid-Atlantic zone 7 (DC area), and the
peas/radishes/lettuce/spinach are about done for. I'm curious about
real-world experiences with mid-summer replacement crops. This is my
first year with this garden, and I've been kind of making it up as I go
along. It's been a while since I've had a real garden to work with, and
that was in a different climate zone.

Is it too late to put in pole beans? And is it bad or good to put them
where the peas were?

Is it too early to put in cabbage, broccoli, for fall?

For those of you in the area, what *do* you like to put in in June when
the spring crops fade?

Finally, would it make any sense at this point to seed a few bare
patches with low maintenance annual flowers such as bachelor's buttons,
cosmos, or zinnias?