GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help with plant ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96141-help-plant-id.html)

weyayeman 19-06-2005 07:12 PM

help with plant ID

2 Attachment(s)
Could anyone help in identifying a plant I have growing in my garden, hopefully there are two pictures attached for you to have a look at. It may be obvious to you experts, but, being a novice i have no idea what it is!. This year the plant has suddenly started growing, just about doubled in size. Can this plant be cut back, if so, when should i do this.

thanks in advance

Steve

Travis 19-06-2005 09:15 PM

"weyayeman" wrote in message

Could anyone help in identifying a plant I have growing in my garden,
hopefully there are two pictures attached for you to have a look at.
It
may be obvious to you experts, but, being a novice i have no idea what
it is!. This year the plant has suddenly started growing, just about
doubled in size. Can this plant be cut back, if so, when should i do
this.

thanks in advance

Steve

|Filename: picture00035.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2812|

weyayeman

Most ISP's do not allow binaries in non-binary groups. Post your pix in
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

[email protected] 19-06-2005 11:37 PM

Travis wrote:

Most ISP's do not allow binaries in non-binary groups. Post your pix in
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

However, it is perfectly acceptable to post a LINK to pictures, which
is exactly what the OP did.

Travis 20-06-2005 01:18 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...

Travis wrote:

Most ISP's do not allow binaries in non-binary groups. Post your pix
in
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

However, it is perfectly acceptable to post a LINK to pictures, which
is exactly what the OP did.

I know that but he said there were 2 pictures attached. There were no
binary (picture) attachments.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

[email protected] 20-06-2005 08:47 AM

Travis wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

--

let me try this again-
However, it is perfectly acceptable to post a LINK to pictures, which
is exactly what the OP did.

While the OP referred to the link as an attachment, there was no
attempt to post a binary to a text group.
Yet you felt the need to type:
-Most ISP's do not allow binaries in non-binary groups. Post your pix

-in
-alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.
The OP provided a link to the pics, so what's the problem?
Is there something "fishy" again?

weyayeman 20-06-2005 10:05 PM

I thought I had just posted a simple request with a couple of pics!!!. I dont understand the replies to my posting?? sorry if I have done something I shoudn't have, i thought this would be a simple way to ID a plant.

cheers
Steve

Ornata 21-06-2005 12:58 PM

Fatsia japonica. Great shrub.

weyayeman 21-06-2005 09:01 PM

At last, I now know what it is. I have been trying for a while to ID this plant.

Thanks
Steve