Old 21-06-2005, 12:39 PM
me

Default delurk (hello! :)) and questions

hi everyone, I figured its time to delurk and ask a couple questions at the
same time....

First, does anyone out there have a source for the Orbit line of drip
irrigation products? I've been searching the internet and have yet to come
up with a good source for that particular brand. The local walmart used
to sell it, but they decided its not profitable enough and stopped carrying
it.

Second, a friend of mine asked about getting an apple tree that will grow
next to her pine trees. Are there any apple trees that will do well in
that kind of acidic soil?

Old 21-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Starlord

You might have to find a local irrigation shop to see if they have it. That
wal-mart deal means the company would not Kiss Wal-Mart's A@S and drop their
price, GOOD FOR THEM!!! Also you might check out hardware stores too.

Apple trees need lots of sun and I have never seen them grown around pine
trees, that's a mix of plants that just doesn't work I think.

Old 21-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Timothy

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:39:55 +0000, me wrote:

hi everyone, I figured its time to delurk and ask a couple questions at
the same time....

First, does anyone out there have a source for the Orbit line of drip
irrigation products? I've been searching the internet and have yet to
come up with a good source for that particular brand. The local walmart
used to sell it, but they decided its not profitable enough and stopped
carrying it.

Second, a friend of mine asked about getting an apple tree that will grow
next to her pine trees. Are there any apple trees that will do well in
that kind of acidic soil?

Here's a list of orbit retailers.
http://www.orbitonline.com/index.cfm/relatedLinks

There are no acid tollerant apples that I know of. Your friend may choose
to create a birm or mound of soil and plant into it. The soil will be the
correct ph and will be less work than digging and amending.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://ywgc.com/resources.html
Old 22-06-2005, 10:13 PM
DK

"me" wrote in message
Second, a friend of mine asked about getting an apple tree that will grow
next to her pine trees. Are there any apple trees that will do well in
that kind of acidic soil?

I'm not the greatest gardener but I have yellow delicious apple trees
growing 15' from my pine "forest" (in the middle of several acres of an
overgrown Christmas tree farm). I have never tested the soil but always
assumed it was acidic. Trees doing good, good tasting apples. FYI

Diane

[IMG] code is On

Delurk, background, first questions a425couple Ponds (moderated) 24 22-08-2008 04:02 PM
Delurk JW United Kingdom 17 27-11-2005 05:54 PM
Delurk with chocolates and a question Gwenhyffar Milgi United Kingdom 60 02-05-2004 10:08 PM
Delurk with chocolates and a question - fish and tads David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 2 23-04-2004 02:08 PM
Delurk/Southern California pond questions Josh Mills Ponds 0 09-03-2004 04:13 AM