GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pinch mums now in Chicago? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96307-pinch-mums-now-chicago.html)

Merle O'Broham 22-06-2005 03:53 PM

pinch mums now in Chicago?

Why are my mums budding so early? My memory's not the best, but
shouldn't these be blooming in Aug/Sep? I pinched them back a month ago
for nice bushiness. Should I do it again and cut off the little buds?
Will they rebud? It wouldn't be the worst thing if they bloom now, it
just seems way early.

TIA

David Bockman 22-06-2005 04:49 PM

"Merle O'Broham" wrote in
oups.com:

Why are my mums budding so early? My memory's not the best, but
shouldn't these be blooming in Aug/Sep? I pinched them back a month ago
for nice bushiness. Should I do it again and cut off the little buds?
Will they rebud? It wouldn't be the worst thing if they bloom now, it
just seems way early.

TIA

Mums in the garden industry are repeatedly pinched back for fullness as
well as to delay their blooming until fall.

Pinch back if you wish!

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums