Old 26-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Ted Swirsky

Default Does anyone recognize this plant/flower?

This just started growing and I can't find it in my book.

If anyone care to view

http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/up1.jpg
and
http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/up4.jpg

and venture a guess I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ted in Southern New Jersey
Old 26-06-2005, 04:06 PM

Ted Swirsky Jun 26, 10:52 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.gardens
From: "Ted Swirsky" - Find messages by this
author
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:52:20 GMT
Subject: Does anyone recognize this plant/flower?
original | Report Abuse

This just started growing and I can't find it in my book.

If anyone care to view

http://swirsky.notlong.com/mis=ADc/up1.jpg
and
http://swirsky.notlong.com/mis=ADc/up4.jpg

and venture a guess I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ted in Southern New Jersey=20

Spirea (probably 'Shirobana')
HTH

Old 26-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Ted Swirsky

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:30:43 -0400, Stubby
wrote:

URL not found because there is an odd character between the s and the c in
/misc/

It's fine in the original post. Perhaps the line was split on your screen
when you copied it and you picked up a carrage control or something?

Ted

Newsgroups: rec.gardens
From: "Ted Swirsky" - Find messages by this
author
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:52:20 GMT
original | Report Abuse
This just started growing and I can't find it in my book.
If anyone care to view
http://swirsky.notlong.com/mis�c/up1.jpg
and
http://swirsky.notlong.com/mis�c/up4.jpg
and venture a guess I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
Ted in Southern New Jersey Spirea (probably 'Shirobana')
HTH

URL not found.

Old 26-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Ted Swirsky

Yes! Spiraea Japonica " shirobana"
Shirobana Spirea

The picture at
http://www.lotf.com/plants/shrubs/spireash.htm

matches very well.

Thanks so much!

Ted

Old 27-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Wendy Goldberg

This appears to be a spirea 'Anthony Waterer.'
Wendy

newsp.sszfk7xmrwebfy@oemcomputer...

Old 27-06-2005, 06:00 PM

This appears to be a spirea 'Anthony Waterer.'
Wendy

Hi Wendy --
Since Ted has both white and red flowers on same shrub
it's more likely to be 'shirobana' than 'Anthony Waterer.'
HTH