GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leaf problem on Black Stem Hydrangea "Nigra" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96573-leaf-problem-black-stem-hydrangea-%22nigra%22.html)

Mr.Grubb 28-06-2005 10:42 AM

Leaf problem on Black Stem Hydrangea "Nigra"

Hi,
We just planted this in Eastern PA from Walmart parking lot. The
leaves are wilted mostly around the edges. What shall we do? I've
looked at some pictures on the net of things that are known to effect
hydrangea, but none seen to resemble our situation.
Sister seems to think it is rust. If that's the case, which product
would correct this?
Also, how do we know if it's been over watered? Or had too much sun?
Thanks

Stephen Henning 29-06-2005 03:00 AM

" wrote:

If the leaves are wilted, the only "product" you need is W A T E R
!!!!!!!. geeze people.

Acutally it is often just the opposite. Root rot stems from too much
water, that is roots sitting in soggy wet conditions, and causes the
same symptoms.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman