Old 28-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Mark

Default Berm Plantings

I have a 500 foot long berm I need to cover that averages 4 ft high. I can
get to the top with my riding mower but the sides are too steep and require
a push mower or trimmer. Any suggestions on low growing ornamental grasses
or plants that will not take over, are attractive, and won't cost me a
fortune that I can plant on the sides?

Zone 8, North Texas. 100 degrees today.

--
Remove theobvious to reply

Old 28-06-2005, 08:52 PM
David Bockman

"Mark" wrote in
:

I have a 500 foot long berm I need to cover that averages 4 ft high.
I can get to the top with my riding mower but the sides are too steep
and require a push mower or trimmer. Any suggestions on low growing
ornamental grasses or plants that will not take over, are attractive,
and won't cost me a fortune that I can plant on the sides?

Zone 8, North Texas. 100 degrees today.

Please consider Texas native short prairie grasses such as 'Blackland
Prairie Mix' seen he

http://www.seedsource.com/catalog/de...roduct_id=2800

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums
Old 28-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Stubby

Mark wrote:

I have a 500 foot long berm I need to cover that averages 4 ft high. I can
get to the top with my riding mower but the sides are too steep and require
a push mower or trimmer. Any suggestions on low growing ornamental grasses
or plants that will not take over, are attractive, and won't cost me a
fortune that I can plant on the sides?

Zone 8, North Texas. 100 degrees today.

Ground covers such as Pachysandra, Myrtle or Sweet Woodruff. It will
take a few years to get full coverage.

[IMG] code is On

Pool floor clearer head for berm pond Phyllis and Jim Ponds (moderated) 0 24-05-2010 12:59 PM
A berm pond - what's that? Marco Schwarz Ponds (moderated) 10 05-08-2007 11:12 PM
Getting prepped for Mass Plantings of Bamboos.. suggestions and advice??? RainLover Bamboo 6 11-03-2005 08:25 PM
dry plantings??? Lee Gardening 2 04-09-2003 09:23 PM
How much water for new plantings? chirisophus Gardening 1 05-07-2003 06:20 AM