GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   emerging Native Prairie Grass -- Weeds: should I pull? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96665-emerging-native-prairie-grass-weeds-should-i-pull.html)

[email protected] 29-06-2005 09:14 PM

emerging Native Prairie Grass -- Weeds: should I pull?

I have a small area in my backyard where I have put in native grasses
(indian grass, switchgrass, little bluestem & big bluestem) It is
coming up slowly, I planted from seed about 8 weeks ago. Now the
tallest seedlings are about 3/4 to 1 inch tall.

Problem is there are a number of weeds in the area. Do I pull them,
or just leave them and assume the grasses will eventually grow over
them and make them go away?

It is a 20 foot by 10 foot area that I had always just let my regular
grass grow long, the kids love to catch insects in the area, so I
finally bought to some native grass seed, it should be cool once it
gets tall..

Jack 29-06-2005 09:23 PM

Sorry, computer locked up, and I hit button twice. My bad. I look
like a dork.