Old 29-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Carolyn LeCrone

Default Morning glories and redwood burl.

1. Three weeks ago my morning glories were glorious. Now I only get a bloom
or two. What happened? I fertilized.
2. A friend sent a redwood burl to me. It now has foliage and roots. The
directions said that I might never get roots, but I did. Can I plant this
in soil? What type? Would it be hardy in zone 7, Southern Maryland?
Thanks,
Carolyn

Old 30-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Starlord

feeding morning glorys a lot can just make them grow more but not bloom. I
use a little steer manure to feed mine, but mostly I just water them and
I've had them blooming since late May.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Suzy O

your morning glories. Most everything you read about growing them says
they prefer poor soil, so fertilizing was probably what caused the slowdown
of flowering.

Suzy O, Wisconsin, Zone 5