GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tomato from seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96670-tomato-seed.html)

Joe Murphy 30-06-2005 12:00 AM

tomato from seed

One of my tomato plants is looking especially productive. I want to try
to grow another from its seeds. Yet I have no idea how to save them.
Can I just dry them in the sun? What will damage them?

Stubby 30-06-2005 01:08 AM

Joe Murphy wrote:
One of my tomato plants is looking especially productive. I want to try
to grow another from its seeds. Yet I have no idea how to save them.
Can I just dry them in the sun? What will damage them?

If you have a hybrid, the seeds are likely to revert to previous
generations. You'll lose some of the characteristics that you like
(high yield). If you have the name of the tomato, try to get fresh
seeds for next year.