GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   anyone growing tomatoes? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96728-anyone-growing-tomatoes.html)

[email protected] 01-07-2005 06:25 AM

anyone growing tomatoes?

If so what kind?

Stu Pittasso 01-07-2005 07:30 AM

I'm growing Early Girls and cherry tomatoes. Just now getting fruit.

wrote in message
If so what kind?

Warren 01-07-2005 06:58 PM

This year I have 3 Romas to provide for my sauce needs (I plan to freeze
about a dozen to a dozen and a half quarts), 2 Early Girls (which should
start ripening in two weeks, and satisfy my building jones for fresh
tomatos), Juliet (a prolific grape tomato that I'll eat for snacks like
they're potato chips), and Health Kick (which has a great full flavor, and
is super on salads).

My two new plants are a Burpee Big Boy (still looking for a good beefsteak
for my BLTs), and Legend (which is suposedly bread specifically for my
climet, but yet doesn't look as spectacular as it's hype's been).

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/