GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bargain basement gaura (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96783-bargain-basement-gaura.html)

Donna deMedicis 02-07-2005 02:50 AM

Bargain basement gaura

I scored five rather healthy looking gaura on sell at a big box store
for a buck each. They're in one gallon pots. I plan to plant them in a
bed that I've recently lasagned and planned to let peculate until the
spring. Should I:

* Leave in the pots, mulch heavily with leaves over the winter.
* Plant them in an existing bed, with plans to transplant to their
final resting place in the spring.

I'm in Zone 7B (South Carolina).

Donna

Bourne Identity 02-07-2005 03:40 PM

Plant them and as they flowers go to seed you will have tons and tons
of gaura to transplant.