GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ants destroying lupines! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96805-ants-destroying-lupines.html)

Linda Maddalena-Lucey 02-07-2005 03:55 PM

Ants destroying lupines!

I have lusted after these flowers since we went to PEI. I have a few plants
but armies of small brown ants are sucking the life out of the flower
stalks, and they break off in a couple of days. What should I do?
Linda

Lar 02-07-2005 05:23 PM

In article IVxxe.2176$vu5.73@trndny08, says...
:) I have lusted after these flowers since we went to PEI. I have a few plants
:) but armies of small brown ants are sucking the life out of the flower
:) stalks, and they break off in a couple of days. What should I do?
:)
:)
If it is in fact the ants that are damaging the flowers, fire ants are
the only small ant I can think of that do damage flowers, they should be
easy enough to follow back to their nest then address them there.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS

Lupine 21-04-2018 07:44 PM

Ants destroying lupines!

replying to Linda Maddalena-Lucey, Lupine wrote:
Try lupine bugs. I can no longer grow beans. These bugs destroyed my crop of
green beans four years ago.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...nes-39704-.htm