GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Redish dust over yellow substance, is this a fungus? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96917-redish-dust-over-yellow-substance-fungus.html)

[email protected] 05-07-2005 01:08 AM

Redish dust over yellow substance, is this a fungus?

I was working outside, and found this two stops on the gound, like
mounds of fine red dust. I noticed it because I was watering with the
hose and if drops fell on it, it would release dust like smoking.
Very odd. Under the dust there is this yelow substance, looks like a
1/8" think, bright yellow.

I suspect it is some king of a fungus. Any ideas about what it is?
I am located in DFW, North Texas area.

Lar 05-07-2005 01:50 AM

In article , says...
:) I was working outside, and found this two stops on the gound, like
:) mounds of fine red dust. I noticed it because I was watering with the
:) hose and if drops fell on it, it would release dust like smoking.
:) Very odd. Under the dust there is this yelow substance, looks like a
:) 1/8" think, bright yellow.
:)
:) I suspect it is some king of a fungus. Any ideas about what it is?
:) I am located in DFW, North Texas area.
:)

a type of slime mold
--
Lar