Old 05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Registered User

Default Couch Grass in Compost

First time user of Gardenbanter - please excuse any errors.

I have plenty of Couch grass in my allotment. Having dug some of it out, I would like to do something positive with it. In a book on Bio-dynamic Gardening, it was suggested that it should be added to the compost heap. It is apparently rich in nutrients.

I am tempted to leave it to dry out thoroughly and perhaps even shred it. Would this be safe, or crazy?

I know that it has herbal benefits, but can it be re-cycled to good us in the garden. Any ideas or suggestions please?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Mike

--
Brian Corbett

Go for it. I have an anything goes, from dust to dust, attitude when it
comes to compost. Though, I admit a need for a composting lesson myself.

[IMG] code is On

Keeping couch grass out of polytunnels Michael Bell United Kingdom 5 22-04-2011 12:47 PM
Bloody couch grass! alan.holmes United Kingdom 20 08-04-2010 05:30 PM
Border full of couch grass! scorpy66 United Kingdom 9 11-06-2006 10:34 AM
Couch Grass panda United Kingdom 13 02-03-2006 12:34 AM
Composting nasties suchas couch grass Broadback United Kingdom 7 09-05-2004 08:05 AM