GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Joe Pye weed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/97096-joe-pye-weed.html)

Emerald 08-07-2005 01:48 PM

Joe Pye weed

My chocolate JPw is turning yellow and wilting. Can I cut it way back
now and still have blooms in fall? Any other ideas. Thanks so much.

Em

Robert Salmon 13-07-2005 08:08 PM

In Maryland, border of Zones 6 and 7, I prune my JP weed back by
about half in June. The plant doesn't seem to mind and I get shorter
growth and smaller flowers by late August.

Rob.

"Emerald" wrote in
oups.com:

Emerald 14-07-2005 11:50 PM

Thanks for your reply.Next year i'll cut them back in June. They
looked so bad I cut them back yesterday. I guess no blooms this
year. Or maybe late blooms. We'll see what happens.

Em