GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this Fungus in my Garden? (0/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/97120-what-fungus-my-garden-0-1-a.html)

Chris Demers 09-07-2005 02:25 AM

What is this Fungus in my Garden? (0/1)

I have had pine mulch under my children's playground for 2 years.
This year a strange fungus is coming up everywhere in the mulch. It
looks attractive and yellow for a day then like a strange outer space
alien plant after that. If I touch it, it releases many black spores
at this point. Please have a look at the attached pictures and tell
me if you know how to safely get rid of it and if I should be
concerned about it for any reason.

Thanks.