GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cacti (fakes for yuppies) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/9715-re-cacti-fakes-yuppies.html)

Cereoid+10+ 07-03-2003 02:57 PM

Cacti (fakes for yuppies)

They should satisfy Canucklehead yuppies achieve their misguided vision of
southwestern decor.

Now where can they get a stuffed gila monster and a wooden Indian?

zhanataya wrote in message

Yes that's it!! Plants are reclassified too quickly for me to keep
up. These should do well don't you think?

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 05:28:09 GMT, "Cereoid+10+"
wrote:

You mean this stuff? All members of the Plasticales!

http://www.greeninteriors.co.uk/page...Plastic%20Plan

s.htm

zhanataya wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 22:41:08 GMT, "Shadow"
wrote:

We have a very southwestern decor in our downstairs family room. I

would
like to crow some cacti in this area, but the room receives very

little
window light. Are there any varieties that do not require much light?

Yes of course, They are all in the family of Silkceae.

zhanataya 07-03-2003 05:08 PM

Cacti (fakes for yuppies)

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:49:59 GMT, "Cereoid+10+"
wrote:

They should satisfy Canucklehead yuppies achieve their misguided vision of
southwestern decor.

Now where can they get a stuffed gila monster and a wooden Indian?

Maybe borrow Kaw-liga from Hank Williams Jr.?

Clearly southwestern plants wouldn't work, but there are a few that
could be used to lend the same 'feel' as far as decorating goes.
Marginata comes to mind if they're very careful about the water.
There must be more but I can't think of any right now.

Tracey 07-03-2003 05:08 PM

Cacti (fakes for yuppies)

There must be more but I can't think of any right now.

What about snake's tongue? (Sorry, not able to dredge up
the right name.) It's tolerant of low light.

Tracey

Cereoid+10+ 07-03-2003 08:56 PM

Cacti (fakes for yuppies)

At least you didn't say "Mother's in Law Tongue"!!!

Sansevieria are succulents not cacti and they are not native to the American
southwest.

Cereoid+10+ 07-03-2003 08:56 PM

Cacti (fakes for yuppies)

What's a "Marginata"?

You should use the name of the genus. Species epithets are too vague when
used alone.

Tracey 07-03-2003 08:56 PM

Cacti (fakes for yuppies)

Sansevieria are succulents not cacti and they are not
native to the American southwest.

Yah, I know, but they look kind of cactusy (hehe) and
might contribute to the overall ambiance. :))

Tracey

Tracey 07-03-2003 08:56 PM

Cacti (fakes for yuppies)

At least you didn't say "Mother's in Law Tongue"!!!

Oh, yeah, probably because my mother always called
those 'snake's tongue'...probably because we lived
right across the road from her MIL/my grandmother
and she didn't want us carrying *that* name across
the road. :)

Tracey

zhanataya 08-03-2003 12:44 AM

Cacti (fakes for yuppies)

You tell him, V. "Cides I don't know how to spell Dracaena.

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:48:41 GMT, animaux
wrote:

Show off!

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 20:51:17 GMT, "Cereoid+10+" wrote:

What's a "Marginata"?

You should use the name of the genus. Species epithets are too vague when
used alone.

. ..