GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Source for (and info on) passion fruit vines. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/97237-source-info-passion-fruit-vines.html)

Greysky 11-07-2005 07:53 AM

Source for (and info on) passion fruit vines.

Anyone know a good source for the passion fruit vines that actually produce
fruit? I hear there are two main types, a purple passionfruit and a yellow
one. I do have one vine right now that produces beautiful purple flowers,
and after the third year is beginning to make large yellow seedpods, but
they are inedible, pithy and mostly empty except for the seeds. Also, does
anyone know if there are some passionfruits that are poisonous?

Thanks :)

Charles 13-07-2005 08:28 PM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:53:51 GMT, "Greysky"
wrote:

Anyone know a good source for the passion fruit vines that actually produce
fruit? I hear there are two main types, a purple passionfruit and a yellow
one. I do have one vine right now that produces beautiful purple flowers,
and after the third year is beginning to make large yellow seedpods, but
they are inedible, pithy and mostly empty except for the seeds. Also, does
anyone know if there are some passionfruits that are poisonous?

Thanks :)

Not two kinds, more like 400 kinds.

some are available he

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...assiflora.html