GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need plant for a screen. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/97390-need-plant-screen.html)

Walter R. 14-07-2005 05:58 AM

Need plant for a screen.

I would like to cover the electric and gas meters with a light, airy screen.
Right now I am using Nandina ( Heavenly Bamboo) but it is constantly covered
with powdery mildew. Spraying only helps temporarily.

I decided to replace the nandina with something similar, fairly tall and
narrow: 2' wide and 5 ' tall. Any suggestions for Southern California, zone
10?

Thanks for any input

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

David Ross 14-07-2005 09:54 PM

"Walter R." wrote:

I would like to cover the electric and gas meters with a light, airy screen.
Right now I am using Nandina ( Heavenly Bamboo) but it is constantly covered
with powdery mildew. Spraying only helps temporarily.

I decided to replace the nandina with something similar, fairly tall and
narrow: 2' wide and 5 ' tall. Any suggestions for Southern California, zone
10?

Try Myrtus communis 'Compacta' (a dwarf myrtle).

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean