GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need help identifying this plant/flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/97608-need-help-identifying-plant-flower.html)

Beth128 19-07-2005 02:13 AM

Need help identifying this plant/flower

I got this flowering plant in a basket from my daughter's teacher, but the
only tag on it says it likes morning sun. I have no idea what it is, and
have nearly killed it since I don't know what to do with it! Yikes! The
flowers are fairly small, maybe an inch or so around and the same in length.
This basket had the bluish-purple flowers that you can see in the picture as
well as white ones and redish-purple ones (you can see a bit of one of the
redish ones near the upper left corner of the picture. Any help is much
appreciated!

The picture is he
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../BPflowers.jpg

TIA!
BethP

Brian 19-07-2005 10:28 PM

"Beth128" wrote in message
I got this flowering plant in a basket from my daughter's teacher, but the
only tag on it says it likes morning sun. I have no idea what it is, and
have nearly killed it since I don't know what to do with it! Yikes! The
flowers are fairly small, maybe an inch or so around and the same in

length.
This basket had the bluish-purple flowers that you can see in the picture

as
well as white ones and redish-purple ones (you can see a bit of one of the
redish ones near the upper left corner of the picture. Any help is much
appreciated!

The picture is he
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../BPflowers.jpg

TIA!
BethP

Agree Torenia~ 'wishbone flower'~~ var 'Alba' is my favourite.
Best Wishes Brian.

Beth128 22-07-2005 09:14 PM

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
Torenia fournieri

http://images.google.com/images?q=to...=Search+Images

Thanks!

BethP