GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Irrigation question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/97722-irrigation-question.html)

BillC 21-07-2005 03:15 PM

Irrigation question

We have a rock yard in a semi-arid region with 60+ shrubs and small trees to
water. Walking around and watering with a hose is a waste of time and I'm
wondering what the best irrigation system would be.

I would prefer some sort of low tech "fill a barrel, gravity feed" tube
system but maybe that won't work.

Does anybody know a good way to set something like this up?

G Henslee 21-07-2005 03:37 PM

BillC wrote:
We have a rock yard in a semi-arid region with 60+ shrubs and small trees to
water. Walking around and watering with a hose is a waste of time and I'm
wondering what the best irrigation system would be.

I would prefer some sort of low tech "fill a barrel, gravity feed" tube
system but maybe that won't work.

Does anybody know a good way to set something like this up?

Drip. You can bury the piping.

[email protected] 21-07-2005 04:08 PM

BillC wrote:

We have a rock yard in a semi-arid region with 60+ shrubs and small trees to
water. Walking around and watering with a hose is a waste of time and I'm
wondering what the best irrigation system would be.

You might look into orchard tubing with drip emitters. Standard ag stuff.

Nick