GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   could someone identify this flower please? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/97736-could-someone-identify-flower-please.html)

[email protected] 22-07-2005 01:38 AM

could someone identify this flower please?

http://www.freedesktopwallpapers.net...ue-flowers.jpg

all I really need is the common name for the family the flower comes
from, although more information would be greatly appreciated as I think
this is a beautiful flower.

mleblanca 22-07-2005 02:43 AM

The flower is in the family Asteraceae and is commonly called
Cineraria. (Senecio X hybridus)
It is frost tender and is often grown indoors or as a house plant. It
also likes good soil, and cool shade. It is not for hot, dry places. It
may overwinter and reseed in mild winter climates.
They are available in many brilliant colors, and are really showy. (
They don't do well here, as we have both HOT and freezing temps. I used
to enjoy them in Southern Calif)
Emilie
NorCal