Old 01-08-2005, 05:55 AM
Charles

Default Get rid of cats!

Well my problem is now that our large dog has died, the neighborhood cats
have taken a likening to my yard. Always coming up in it now crapping on the
lawn, digging in my trash, peeing on my alloy rims, sliding down my hoods,
and just generally having fun ****ing me off. Have tried some stuff from
Petstore that claimed they wouldn't go near it, but that didn't work. They
are starting to get out of control now. They used to run when I would make
noises are charge at them. Now I charged at one and it just sat there
looking at me. I nailed his furry a*! with a can and he took off. Animal
control won't do anything but put out trap in my yard and make me sign a
paper saying that I take full responsibility for anything that happens to
the cats. HELP!!!!!

Old 01-08-2005, 06:03 AM
BarrenSands

"Charles" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well my problem is now that our large dog has died, the neighborhood cats
have taken a likening to my yard. Always coming up in it now crapping on

the
lawn, digging in my trash, peeing on my alloy rims, sliding down my hoods,
and just generally having fun ****ing me off. Have tried some stuff from
Petstore that claimed they wouldn't go near it, but that didn't work. They
are starting to get out of control now. They used to run when I would make
noises are charge at them. Now I charged at one and it just sat there
looking at me. I nailed his furry a*! with a can and he took off. Animal
control won't do anything but put out trap in my yard and make me sign a
paper saying that I take full responsibility for anything that happens to
the cats. HELP!!!!!

Replace the dog

Old 01-08-2005, 03:20 PM
wkearney99

A motion sensor activated water sprinkler might help.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Doug Kanter

"Charles" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well my problem is now that our large dog has died, the neighborhood cats
have taken a likening to my yard. Always coming up in it now crapping on
the lawn, digging in my trash, peeing on my alloy rims, sliding down my
hoods, and just generally having fun ****ing me off. Have tried some stuff
from Petstore that claimed they wouldn't go near it, but that didn't work.
They are starting to get out of control now. They used to run when I would
make noises are charge at them. Now I charged at one and it just sat there
looking at me. I nailed his furry a*! with a can and he took off. Animal
control won't do anything but put out trap in my yard and make me sign a
paper saying that I take full responsibility for anything that happens to
the cats. HELP!!!!!

Buy your own Havahart trap, some cans of cat food, and a BB pistol (the pump
type). Type up an agreement which says you're not responsible for what
happens to these cats, sign it, and shoot them in the back of the head once
they're in the trap.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Dan

Doug Kanter wrote:

Buy your own Havahart trap, some cans of cat food, and a BB pistol
(the pump type). Type up an agreement which says you're not
responsible for what happens to these cats, sign it, and shoot them
in the back of the head once they're in the trap.

It may work.
Can I try it with you first ?

Dan

Old 01-08-2005, 10:51 PM
G Henslee

Dan wrote:
Doug Kanter wrote:

Buy your own Havahart trap, some cans of cat food, and a BB pistol
(the pump type). Type up an agreement which says you're not
responsible for what happens to these cats, sign it, and shoot them
in the back of the head once they're in the trap.

It may work.
Can I try it with you first ?

Dan

It's already been tried. A BB can't penetrate that blockhead of
Kanter's. Well one did once. A good shot put a BB through his ear.
It's still rolling around in there.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Srgnt Billko

"Charles" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well my problem is now that our large dog has died, the neighborhood cats
have taken a likening to my yard. Always coming up in it now crapping on
the lawn, digging in my trash, peeing on my alloy rims, sliding down my
hoods, and just generally having fun ****ing me off. Have tried some stuff
from Petstore that claimed they wouldn't go near it, but that didn't work.
They are starting to get out of control now. They used to run when I would
make noises are charge at them. Now I charged at one and it just sat there
looking at me. I nailed his furry a*! with a can and he took off. Animal
control won't do anything but put out trap in my yard and make me sign a
paper saying that I take full responsibility for anything that happens to
the cats. HELP!!!!!

When I was a kid I remember dad putting a few in a burlap bag with a rock
and throwing them in the creek. Somebody complained so he started shooting
them with a shotgun. For the past 12 years we've had two Dalmations. In
their first year they tasted blood - a youg wild rabbit. Ever since then no
cat (or small dog) has been safe in our yard. They grab them by the back of
the neck and shake the sh&% out of them. We had to put the one dog down a
few months ago and the second one is slowing down - but she can still go get
them.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Charles

yep just what I was afraid of. I have 2 good answers. Get another dog or
just shoot the damn things. I am trying to find another good German Shepherd
but this is taking me some time to find the perfect dog. Shooting them is
also hard because I have to do it very discreetly. I live in a very quiet
neighborhood. Cats have gotten smart and know the sound of my pellet rifle
as it is being pumped. Have managed to nail one that was in my backyard by
getting rifle ready before opening window. Stupid cat jumped up about 3 feet
and just sat there! He heard me pumping it up and started to run but managed
to get another one in his rear end. I obviously can't do this in my front
yard which is where they figure now is safe. Damn cats!!!

Old 02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Doug Kanter

"Charles" wrote in message
k.net...
yep just what I was afraid of. I have 2 good answers. Get another dog or
just shoot the damn things. I am trying to find another good German
Shepherd but this is taking me some time to find the perfect dog. Shooting
them is also hard because I have to do it very discreetly. I live in a
very quiet neighborhood. Cats have gotten smart and know the sound of my
pellet rifle as it is being pumped. Have managed to nail one that was in
my backyard by getting rifle ready before opening window. Stupid cat
jumped up about 3 feet and just sat there! He heard me pumping it up and
started to run but managed to get another one in his rear end. I obviously
can't do this in my front yard which is where they figure now is safe.
Damn cats!!!

A bow hunter friend suggested an idea last week. I have a similar problem to
yours, involving woodchucks doing a number on my garden. It's not safe to
use firearms in my neighborhood, other than maybe a pellet gun, and that
would only be safe in a limited area (which is never where the woodchuck
seems to be). My friend knows I have a shoulder injury that prevents me from
hauling back on your typical hunting bow. But, apparently, there are bows
with lighter pulls, designed for kids. He feels that even with less
velocity, it should be more than sufficient to deal with small mammals.

One more hobby. Just what you need, right? :-)

Old 02-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Charles

Hey you just gave me another crazy idea!!!! What if I could get a hold of a
blowgun somewhere. That would be extremely quiet and very low profile. maybe
tipped with some rat poison! Hmmm! I might get to enjoy getting rid of these
little pests. Only problem is what to do when the neighbor notices that they
are turning up missing!

Old 02-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Doug Kanter

"Charles" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hey you just gave me another crazy idea!!!! What if I could get a hold of
a blowgun somewhere. That would be extremely quiet and very low profile.
maybe tipped with some rat poison! Hmmm! I might get to enjoy getting rid
of these little pests. Only problem is what to do when the neighbor
notices that they are turning up missing!

Whattya mean, "what to do"? About what?

Old 02-08-2005, 02:40 AM
Ralph Mowery

A bow hunter friend suggested an idea last week. I have a similar problem
yours, involving woodchucks doing a number on my garden. It's not safe to
use firearms in my neighborhood, other than maybe a pellet gun, and that
would only be safe in a limited area (which is never where the woodchuck
seems to be). My friend knows I have a shoulder injury that prevents me

from
hauling back on your typical hunting bow. But, apparently, there are bows
with lighter pulls, designed for kids. He feels that even with less
velocity, it should be more than sufficient to deal with small mammals.

One more hobby. Just what you need, right? :-)

Crossbow will do it.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Oscar_Lives

"Charles" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well my problem is now that our large dog has died, the neighborhood cats
have taken a likening to my yard. Always coming up in it now crapping on
the lawn, digging in my trash, peeing on my alloy rims, sliding down my
hoods, and just generally having fun ****ing me off. Have tried some stuff
from Petstore that claimed they wouldn't go near it, but that didn't work.
They are starting to get out of control now. They used to run when I would
make noises are charge at them. Now I charged at one and it just sat there
looking at me. I nailed his furry a*! with a can and he took off. Animal
control won't do anything but put out trap in my yard and make me sign a
paper saying that I take full responsibility for anything that happens to
the cats. HELP!!!!!

Put out some small chunks of sponges soaked in bacon grease and a bowl of
water with some antifreeze in it.

Wafarin works well, too. You may need to put some raw meat around it,
however.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Oscar_Lives

"Charles" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well my problem is now that our large dog has died, the neighborhood cats
have taken a likening to my yard. Always coming up in it now crapping on
the lawn, digging in my trash, peeing on my alloy rims, sliding down my
hoods, and just generally having fun ****ing me off. Have tried some stuff
from Petstore that claimed they wouldn't go near it, but that didn't work.
They are starting to get out of control now. They used to run when I would
make noises are charge at them. Now I charged at one and it just sat there
looking at me. I nailed his furry a*! with a can and he took off. Animal
control won't do anything but put out trap in my yard and make me sign a
paper saying that I take full responsibility for anything that happens to
the cats. HELP!!!!!

Another idea: just club 'em with a ball bat.