Old 20-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Wayne Maruna

Default Looking for Scott's Rake

Several years ago I purchased a rake that I believe was branded with the
Scott's name. It had a long yellow handle, and what made it unique was that
the head of it contained an insert into which you could plug any of several
head implements. In my case, I had a lawn rake, a spring leaf rake, and an
edging tool. Each implement was very heavy duty, with the insert piece made
of cast aluminum. I've had it for years, but recently moved, and in the
process, someone walked off from the garage with the rake handle and the
garden rake insert. I still have the other two attachments, and would love
to acquire a replacement. I don't see the rake on the Scott's website
anymore. I'm sure someone made the devices for them. Anyone know where I
might find such a thing? I checked eBay and came up empty there as well.

Old 21-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Timothy

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:55:08 -0400, Wayne Maruna wrote:

Several years ago I purchased a rake that I believe was branded with the
Scott's name. It had a long yellow handle, and what made it unique was
that the head of it contained an insert into which you could plug any of
several head implements. In my case, I had a lawn rake, a spring leaf
rake, and an edging tool. Each implement was very heavy duty, with the
insert piece made of cast aluminum. I've had it for years, but recently
moved, and in the process, someone walked off from the garage with the
rake handle and the garden rake insert. I still have the other two
attachments, and would love to acquire a replacement. I don't see the
rake on the Scott's website anymore. I'm sure someone made the devices
for them. Anyone know where I might find such a thing? I checked eBay
and came up empty there as well.

I find these laying about here and there a local hardware stores. I've
never seen these at a big box store though, only at small ma and pa
stores. They go under different names but it seems that the most popular
maker on the net is Wolf garden tools.

http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/su...s-0001046.aspx
http://www.garden4less.co.uk/wolf-garden-tools.asp

This seems to be a company from the U.K. I'm sure if you looked around,
they sell in the states also. Un-sure if their handels will fit your heads
though. I suggest that you look at your tool heads again for manufacturing
clues. Scotts makes nothing and they farm out those duties, so you may get
luck and find a manufacturer name in small print somewhere on the tool.
Then you can google it and hunt it down that way.

Btw, try froggle (part of google) to hunt down stuff. I've found many hard
to find items with froogle.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 21-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Wayne Maruna" wrote in message
Several years ago I purchased a rake that I believe was branded with the
Scott's name. It had a long yellow handle, and what made it unique was
that the head of it contained an insert into which you could plug any of
several head implements. In my case, I had a lawn rake, a spring leaf
rake, and an edging tool. Each implement was very heavy duty, with the
insert piece made of cast aluminum. I've had it for years, but recently
moved, and in the process, someone walked off from the garage with the
rake handle and the garden rake insert. I still have the other two
attachments, and would love to acquire a replacement. I don't see the
rake on the Scott's website anymore. I'm sure someone made the devices
for them. Anyone know where I might find such a thing? I checked eBay
and came up empty there as well.

I think it's a Smith & Hawken which was bought out by Scotts a few years
ago.
http://www.smith-hawken.com/html/res...ressMain.jhtml

Old 22-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Wayne Maruna

You were right on. I heard back from Scotts. They suggested Lowes who are
now carrying a line by WulfGarten that is interchangeable with their
previous tools. (I did not see them at our local Lowes here in small town
America.). They also suggested Smith Farm & Garden (website of the same
name which I am now off to check.) Thanks to both you and Sgt. Bilko
(ten-hut!) for replying.

news:1124646525.4130d0d516e8a759b050f00e8d054b61@t eranews...

Old 23-08-2005, 02:31 AM
willshak

On 8/20/2005 6:55 PM US(ET), Wayne Maruna took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Several years ago I purchased a rake that I believe was branded with the
Scott's name. It had a long yellow handle, and what made it unique was that
the head of it contained an insert into which you could plug any of several
head implements. In my case, I had a lawn rake, a spring leaf rake, and an
edging tool. Each implement was very heavy duty, with the insert piece made
of cast aluminum. I've had it for years, but recently moved, and in the
process, someone walked off from the garage with the rake handle and the
garden rake insert. I still have the other two attachments, and would love
to acquire a replacement. I don't see the rake on the Scott's website
anymore. I'm sure someone made the devices for them. Anyone know where I
might find such a thing? I checked eBay and came up empty there as well.

I have one. Mine is a Burpee. Aluminum handle with yellow rubbery
coating near the top half and a green end where the tools plug in. Also
a green square button in the aluminum shaft above the tool connector.
I checked the Burpee site and could not find *any* tools. They might
have sold off that division.

--
Bill

Old 16-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered User

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Maruna
Several years ago I purchased a rake that I believe was branded with the
Scott's name. It had a long yellow handle, and what made it unique was that
the head of it contained an insert into which you could plug any of several
head implements. In my case, I had a lawn rake, a spring leaf rake, and an
edging tool. Each implement was very heavy duty, with the insert piece made
of cast aluminum. I've had it for years, but recently moved, and in the
process, someone walked off from the garage with the rake handle and the
garden rake insert. I still have the other two attachments, and would love
to acquire a replacement. I don't see the rake on the Scott's website
anymore. I'm sure someone made the devices for them. Anyone know where I
might find such a thing? I checked eBay and came up empty there as well.
I called Scotts at 1-888-270-3714 and they are making refund for broken handle. Referred me to Smith Farm and Garden, Phone 1-800-992-6552 for Snap Lock Tools. I also found "Interlocken Handles" at OMygarden.com. They had better shipping costs.
Old 22-01-2016, 09:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to Wayne Maruna, Old Scotts snap-lock garden rake wrote:
wamaruna wrote:

[...]

I found your post in my own search for more attachments for the Scotts
handle-- I currently only have the 6" rake head, and my yellow 5' handle
is in excellent shape-- used, but the original stickers are still on it.
Can you and I come to some agreement? You either sell me your attachments
or I sell you the handle/6" rake attachment?

Old 20-09-2020, 05:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
joe joe is offline

The rake handle and rake head were made by wolf garten, the parts are interchangeable. You can go to their Websight and order what you need or go to amazon they have wolf garten tools.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...rake-6535-.htm