GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   anti siphon valves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/101707-anti-siphon-valves.html)

John H. 22-08-2005 06:35 PM

anti siphon valves

What is good brand of anti siphon valves for sprinkler systems ( the thing
that has the solinoid on it, wires coming out of it, opens the valve to let
water flow), I have had to replace these cheap black ones my gardener
installs several times.
thanks

Ulrich M. Reich 24-08-2005 04:50 AM

If you put in a brass backflow device you will never have to worry about
individual anti siphon valves again.
It will require a plumbing permit and an inspection to install it, but once
in the rest should be just regular valves.

Tom Jaszewski 24-08-2005 11:01 PM

On 24 Aug 2005 04:38:08 GMT, Steveo wrote:

We have to have them tested every spring in Ohio.

It's important to know what TYPE of backflow device, ASV, PVB, etc.

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

Ulrich M. Reich 26-08-2005 05:01 AM

guess we got it good huh?

"Steveo" wrote in message