GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   burn mark on marble (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/101931-burn-mark-marble.html)

Carolyn 27-08-2005 01:57 PM

burn mark on marble

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I placed a
match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be a safe surface,
but it left a mark :-((

willshak 27-08-2005 04:12 PM

On 8/27/2005 8:57 AM US(ET), Carolyn took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I placed a
match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be a safe surface,
but it left a mark :-((

From this page:
http://www.cleanreport.com/forum_view_1.cfm?sub=1

Q: I have a cultured marble bathtub. However, I was burning a candle in
a glass jar and let it burn all the way down. Now I have an awful burn
on the marble. Is there any way of removing the yellow burn mark?
A: Burns can be sanded out with fine, then ultra-fine sandpaper,
followed by a polishing compound (such as Turtle Wax, appliance wax,
silicone sealers.) Make sure the surface stays wet while you work.

--
Bill

Dan 27-08-2005 06:03 PM

willshak wrote:
On 8/27/2005 8:57 AM US(ET), Carolyn took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I
placed a match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be a
safe surface, but it left a mark :-((

From this page:
http://www.cleanreport.com/forum_view_1.cfm?sub=1

Q: I have a cultured marble bathtub. However, I was burning a candle
in a glass jar and let it burn all the way down. Now I have an awful
burn on the marble. Is there any way of removing the yellow burn mark?
A: Burns can be sanded out with fine, then ultra-fine sandpaper,
followed by a polishing compound (such as Turtle Wax, appliance wax,
silicone sealers.) Make sure the surface stays wet while you work.

Cultured marble is a synthetic (man made) product that in no way should be
mistaken for real marble. Do not apply fixes for cultured marble to real
marble!
Contact your local countertop shop that specializes in Granite and Marble
c-tops and ask their opinion about how to deal with burn marks.

Dan

G Henslee 27-08-2005 09:06 PM

Dan wrote:
willshak wrote:

On 8/27/2005 8:57 AM US(ET), Carolyn took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I
placed a match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be a
safe surface, but it left a mark :-((

From this page:
http://www.cleanreport.com/forum_view_1.cfm?sub=1

Q: I have a cultured marble bathtub. However, I was burning a candle
in a glass jar and let it burn all the way down. Now I have an awful
burn on the marble. Is there any way of removing the yellow burn mark?
A: Burns can be sanded out with fine, then ultra-fine sandpaper,
followed by a polishing compound (such as Turtle Wax, appliance wax,
silicone sealers.) Make sure the surface stays wet while you work.

Cultured marble is a synthetic (man made) product that in no way should be
mistaken for real marble. Do not apply fixes for cultured marble to real
marble!
Contact your local countertop shop that specializes in Granite and Marble
c-tops and ask their opinion about how to deal with burn marks.

Dan

Wake up. He said it WAS cultured marble.

Dan 28-08-2005 12:38 AM

G Henslee wrote:
Dan wrote:
willshak wrote:

On 8/27/2005 8:57 AM US(ET), Carolyn took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I
placed a match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be
a safe surface, but it left a mark :-((

Wake up. He said it WAS cultured marble.

Where is it stated that it is cultured marble??
I included the original message, so plaese point it out, if you can.

Dan

FDR 28-08-2005 03:06 AM

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Dan wrote:
willshak wrote:

On 8/27/2005 8:57 AM US(ET), Carolyn took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I
placed a match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be a
safe surface, but it left a mark :-((

From this page:
http://www.cleanreport.com/forum_view_1.cfm?sub=1

Q: I have a cultured marble bathtub. However, I was burning a candle
in a glass jar and let it burn all the way down. Now I have an awful
burn on the marble. Is there any way of removing the yellow burn mark?
A: Burns can be sanded out with fine, then ultra-fine sandpaper,
followed by a polishing compound (such as Turtle Wax, appliance wax,
silicone sealers.) Make sure the surface stays wet while you work.

Cultured marble is a synthetic (man made) product that in no way should
be mistaken for real marble. Do not apply fixes for cultured marble to
real marble!
Contact your local countertop shop that specializes in Granite and Marble
c-tops and ask their opinion about how to deal with burn marks.

Dan

Wake up. He said it WAS cultured marble.

No. here's the original question:

G Henslee 28-08-2005 03:45 PM

Dan wrote:
G Henslee wrote:

Dan wrote:

willshak wrote:

On 8/27/2005 8:57 AM US(ET), Carolyn took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I
placed a match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be
a safe surface, but it left a mark :-((

Wake up. He said it WAS cultured marble.

Where is it stated that it is cultured marble??
I included the original message, so plaese point it out, if you can.

Dan

Oops. *My* mistake. I'll wake up now.