GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strange Weed in Lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/102068-strange-weed-lawn.html)

Dave 31-08-2005 01:17 AM

Strange Weed in Lawn

Help!

Can anyone identify this invasive plant in our lawn and how to get rid of
it?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/weedsinlawn.html

Thanks in advance, Dave

Canada latitude 53 degrees

Pat Kiewicz 31-08-2005 11:24 AM

Dave said:

Help!

Can anyone identify this invasive plant in our lawn and how to get rid of
it?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/weedsinlawn.html

Looks like common toadflax AKA butter-and-eggs (Linaria vulgaris).
Related to snapdragons. Can spread aggressively. I see it growing
along the railroad tracks when I walk into town.

--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

(attributed to Don Marti)

Dave 31-08-2005 03:37 PM

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Dave said:

Help!

Can anyone identify this invasive plant in our lawn and how to get rid of
it?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/weedsinlawn.html

Looks like common toadflax AKA butter-and-eggs (Linaria vulgaris).
Related to snapdragons. Can spread aggressively. I see it growing
along the railroad tracks when I walk into town.

--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

(attributed to Don Marti)

Thanks. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Dave

Dave 31-08-2005 03:42 PM

Dave said:

Help!

Can anyone identify this invasive plant in our lawn and how to get rid of
it?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/weedsinlawn.html

Looks like common toadflax AKA butter-and-eggs (Linaria vulgaris).
Related to snapdragons. Can spread aggressively. I see it growing
along the railroad tracks when I walk into town.

--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

(attributed to Don Marti)

Thanks. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Dave

I just looked it up and found this:
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/pla...eds/w1239w.htm

It is Yellow Toadflax.

Once again, Thanks

Dave

Doug Kanter 31-08-2005 05:52 PM

Dave said:

Help!

Can anyone identify this invasive plant in our lawn and how to get rid
of
it?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/weedsinlawn.html

Looks like common toadflax AKA butter-and-eggs (Linaria vulgaris).
Related to snapdragons. Can spread aggressively. I see it growing
along the railroad tracks when I walk into town.

--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

(attributed to Don Marti)

Thanks. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Dave

I just looked it up and found this:
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/pla...eds/w1239w.htm

It is Yellow Toadflax.

Once again, Thanks

Dave

Pretty good looking weed.

Dave 01-09-2005 05:54 AM

Dave said:

Help!

Can anyone identify this invasive plant in our lawn and how to get rid
of
it?

http://www.davco.bc.ca/weedsinlawn.html

Looks like common toadflax AKA butter-and-eggs (Linaria vulgaris).
Related to snapdragons. Can spread aggressively. I see it growing
along the railroad tracks when I walk into town.

--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

(attributed to Don Marti)

Thanks. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Dave

I just looked it up and found this:
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/pla...eds/w1239w.htm

It is Yellow Toadflax.

Once again, Thanks

Dave

Pretty good looking weed.

Yes, the flowers look nice. The link to the pictures is now offline.
Thanks once again.

Dave