Old 14-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Domenick Lacertosa

Default Hbiiscus problem.

I just bought and planted 2 hibiscus plants. I planted one on each
side of my garage. For some reason, one of them is in very bad shape,
and I was looking for some help on determining why it was in such bad
shape. Here is a pictu a
href="http://www.atlanticshore.com/bad.jpg"http://www.atlanticshore.com/bad.jpg/a
(400k). It has only been there 6 days and it looks this bad. The
plant on the other side looks excellent. That area of the house does
seem to flood a little, so I replanted it 2 days ago with some rocks
in the soil hoping the roots wouldn't sit in standing water. Any help
would be appreciated since I am not sure this is caused by too much
water. Thanks in advance.

- Dom

Old 15-03-2003, 01:08 AM

(Domenick Lacertosa) wrote:
I just bought and planted 2 hibiscus plants. I planted one on each
side of my garage. For some reason, one of them is in very bad shape,
and I was looking for some help on determining why it was in such bad
shape. Here is a pictu a
href="http://www.atlanticshore.com/bad.jpg"
http://www.atlanticshore.com/
bad.jpg/a (400k). It has only been there 6 days and it looks this bad.
The plant on the other side looks excellent. That area of the house does
seem to flood a little, so I replanted it 2 days ago with some rocks
in the soil hoping the roots wouldn't sit in standing water. Any help
would be appreciated since I am not sure this is caused by too much
water. Thanks in advance.

- Dom

Is that new concrete around it?

--
Go#40 42 12
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 15-03-2003, 01:08 AM

(Domenick Lacertosa) wrote:
www.atlanticshore.com/
bad.jpg/a (400k).

You're a google spamer too ?

--
Go#40 42 12
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 15-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Timothy

href="http://www.atlanticshore.com/bad.jpg"th some rocks in the soil
hoping the roots wouldn't sit in standing water. Any help would be
appreciated since I am not sure this is caused by too much water.
Thanks in advance.

Dom, it's a bit hard to figure out your issues with out knowing your zone
information....ect. But I'll give a shot. If your plant has only been
planted in the ground for 6 day then I'd have to say that your hibiscus
had issues before you bought it. From the photo, it looks like a leaf
blight or a possible root rot but I can't be sure from that photo though.
Your hibiscus could have a fungus of some sort also. It's really hard to
tell with little information about the plant. Depending on where you
bought the hibiscus, I'd suggest that you yank it out of the soil and take
it back to the store you bought it from. Ask for a replacement to this
diseased plant. When you replant, concider adding soil to make a berm or
mound of sorts. This will help you with drainage issues. A 6 to 8 inch
mound will do the job of keeping the roots drier. Good luck.