Old 09-09-2005, 01:11 AM
hamlet111

Default murray mowers

I'm hoping to find someone who can tell me how hard it might be to replaced
a shear pin in a murray 14 hp riding mower. I have replaced pins in push
mowers and self-propelled ones but have no idea about riding mowers. I f
Ican get into the area Iknow I can replace a sheared pin. Any help is
appreciated.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Srgnt Billko

"hamlet111" wrote in message
I'm hoping to find someone who can tell me how hard it might be to
replaced a shear pin in a murray 14 hp riding mower. I have replaced pins
in push mowers and self-propelled ones but have no idea about riding
mowers. I f Ican get into the area Iknow I can replace a sheared pin.
Any help is appreciated.

I have a half dozen riding mowers and 4 push mowers and have never seen a
shear pin on any of them. The only related shear pins I ever replaced were
on snowblower augers and the snowblower attachment for my JD rider. What is
not working that leads you to believe a shear pin needs to be replaced ?

Old 09-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Sounds like he's referring to the flywheel key, And they don't shear very often on belt drive mowers. Thats a good question as to what the engine is doing.
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki