GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Nutgrass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/104541-nutgrass.html)

John 11-09-2005 11:56 PM

Nutgrass

Anyone find anything short of Napalm effective against nutgrass ? I
used Bayer Advanced All-in-One Weed Killer for Lawns at 4 ozs./gallon
last week and all that's happened so far is that some of it has
turned a lighter shade of green. Even if it does work, I don't think
I'll have much of a chance to seed the lawn.

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/lawn/pr...ails.cfm?id=15

JD
Photography - www.puresilver.org - www.darkroompro.com
Motorcycles - www.xs750.net Music - www.picknparlor.net

Steveo 12-09-2005 11:41 AM

John wrote:
Anyone find anything short of Napalm effective against nutgrass ? I
used Bayer Advanced All-in-One Weed Killer for Lawns at 4 ozs./gallon
last week and all that's happened so far is that some of it has
turned a lighter shade of green. Even if it does work, I don't think
I'll have much of a chance to seed the lawn.

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/lawn/pr...ails.cfm?id=15

Manage:

http://tinyurl.com/bmvfn

Using it right before seeding may not be good for your seed germination
tho..

John 12-09-2005 02:21 PM

On 12 Sep 2005 10:41:38 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Manage:

http://tinyurl.com/bmvfn

Using it right before seeding may not be good for your seed germination
tho..

Yep. I believe there was a recommendation of 3 weeks between treatment
and over-seeding. Haven't decided which seed I'm going to try.

Note also that I found SedgeHammer which is supposed to be the "new
and improved" Manage.

http://www.gowanco.com/PressRelease/sedgehammer.htm

Possibly same/similar product but different company ?

JD

LJ 18-10-2005 01:18 AM

Nutgrass

Crabgrass, Nutgrass and Dallis grass killer. I had to apply it about
three times before the stuff finally disappeared. I think Ortho makes
something for Nutgrass, also.