Old 01-10-2005, 05:17 AM
djacobs

Default Briggs & Straton 16hp Vanguard governor spring routing

Does anyone have a picture of where the governor and throtle spring
hook?
I did an overhaul and can't figure out where they go. I think I have
all but one right, but I get a slight speed hunt.
The Model # is 303447 and the code # is 0378.
The motor is on a 10000 watt generator with the controled speed.
I have looked in books and talked to the local dealer with no help.
I wish I would have taken a picture before hand.

Thanks for any help,
Dave

--
djacobs
djacobs's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=109

Old 07-10-2005, 03:59 PM

i cant answer your question,but i do know there is procedure to set
or calibrate the governor linkage so it doesnt hunt. you hold the gov
arm so its against the gov gear and throttle wide open then lock in that
position. i have been taking films of engines befor i tear them down
with a cam corder.it helps me alot.lucas

Old 11-10-2005, 03:48 PM
djacobs

Thanks for the Info.
I have one spring left and don't know where it goes, wish I would have
taken a few pictures.
dave