Old 24-10-2005, 04:05 AM
Registered User

Default tech questions on my bolens riding mower

Questions on my Bolens 15.5 hp riding mower.............1st thing... can i ?, and how do i remove the safty that chokes the engine when you try to go in reverse with the blades running ???? 2nd thing is , well i bought it used and the previous owner said that it always had a hard start...meaning it sounds like the batterys almost dead and then it kicks over , even when it's hot... but if i remove the sparkplug and turn the key it spins like crazy.. so i wonder if there is some kind of compression problem...PLEASE HELP... !!!!!
Old 24-10-2005, 06:49 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYRNUT
Questions on my Bolens 15.5 hp riding mower.............1st thing... can i ?, and how do i remove the safty that chokes the engine when you try to go in reverse with the blades running ???? 2nd thing is , well i bought it used and the previous owner said that it always had a hard start...meaning it sounds like the batterys almost dead and then it kicks over , even when it's hot... but if i remove the sparkplug and turn the key it spins like crazy.. so i wonder if there is some kind of compression problem...PLEASE HELP... !!!!!
also..even if you dont have any answers please let me know if you have any similar problem with starting
Old 24-10-2005, 03:31 PM

"WYRNUT" wrote in message

Questions on my Bolens 15.5 hp riding mower.............1st thing... can
i ?, and how do i remove the safty that chokes the engine when you try
to go in reverse with the blades running ????

DO NOT REMOVE THE SAFETY!!! You'll condemn the 'neighbor kid' or some
'unlucky relative' to a life minus a finger (or worse).
Don't do it!

2nd thing is , well i
bought it used and the previous owner said that it always had a hard
start...meaning it sounds like the batterys almost dead and then it
kicks over , even when it's hot... but if i remove the sparkplug and
turn the key it spins like crazy..

When you pull the spark plug it will crank fast because there is NO
compression. That little test really tells you very little. There's no such
thing as 'too much compression' on a gas engine, so the problem is (in your
case) a 'weak starting system'. I'd pull the starter and have it bench
checked at a local auto parts store. Then test the battery. Review the
entire starting system and you'll locate the problem.

Bolens 2136 ljannard Lawns 6 05-05-2009 05:29 PM
Bolens Model 1660 SteveJennifer About GardenBanter 0 30-06-2008 04:59 PM
Bolens Tractor Gary Smith Australia 3 28-06-2008 08:02 PM
Bolens in Australia Gary Smith Lawns 0 26-06-2008 02:30 PM
Bolens Steve Lawns 0 06-05-2003 05:44 PM