GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   solar powered automatic sprinkler (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/108787-solar-powered-automatic-sprinkler.html)

Thomas Cooper 05-11-2005 05:22 PM

solar powered automatic sprinkler

Hey all,
I am in need of a small (4 station) solar powered automatic sprinkler
system that is reasonably priced. I have been unable to find any sources or
plans for such a setup. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
TnT

[email protected] 06-11-2005 05:07 PM

Thomas Cooper wrote:
Hey all,
I am in need of a small (4 station) solar powered automatic sprinkler
system that is reasonably priced. I have been unable to find any sources or
plans for such a setup. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
TnT

solor powered? the coils would drain any battery too quick. I have not
heard of any solor powered systems. Why not the normal kind?

Kirb

Tigriz 10-11-2005 04:35 PM

solar powered automatic sprinkler

According to my husband, the worst time to water is during the heat of
the day as the water simply helps to "fry" the grass or plants. I
wouldn't suggest a solar powered sprinkler system unless it was also
set up to reserve the power and then turn on per a timer. (Maybe
that's already how they work, I'm not that familiar with solar power
abilities)

--
Tigriz

Tigriz
Tigriz's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=165
View this thread: http://www.homeplot.com/showthread.php?t=60464

Steveo 10-11-2005 05:14 PM

Tigriz wrote:
According to my husband, the worst time to water is during the heat of
the day as the water simply helps to "fry" the grass or plants.

Not true. The only draw back is evaporation.

[email protected] 10-11-2005 09:47 PM

Tigriz wrote:
According to my husband, the worst time to water is during the heat of
the day as the water simply helps to "fry" the grass or plants.

"Not true. The only draw back is evaporation. "

Her husband probably thinks getting sprayed with a garden hose in the
hot sun will fry people too!

Steveo 11-11-2005 11:59 AM

wrote:
Tigriz wrote:
According to my husband, the worst time to water is during the heat of
the day as the water simply helps to "fry" the grass or plants.

"Not true. The only draw back is evaporation. "

Her husband probably thinks getting sprayed with a garden hose in the
hot sun will fry people too!

That watering during the heat of the day taboo wives tale has been around
forever it seems. There are conditions that call for heat of day
irrigation, such as fusarium suppression. (lowering the soil temperature)