GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   RU looking for a new tiller ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/109083-ru-looking-new-tiller.html)

Srgnt Billko 16-11-2005 01:42 AM

RU looking for a new tiller ?

If you like Sears, try them. They've had left overs marked down for a
couple weeks. A few days ago I saw them put a couple out on the sidewalk
with reduced prices - and the guy said if I was interested they'll probably
negotiate down some more. Today I was in Sears - so why not see - their reg
$695 6.5 HP rear-tine was marked down to $549 and after a few minutes
discussion they were down to $465 - when I passed, they asked what I would
offer.

Unfortunately it wasn't big enough for me and I'm not a big Sears fan - but
for those who are - looks like a good deal to me.

Mel M Kelly 16-11-2005 09:18 PM

RU looking for a new tiller ?

I am a Master Gardener and in a weakened moment I bought a Sears Rear
tine tiller on sale. The tines turned backwards and would wear you out.
I sold it and got a MTD with reversing tines. When cultivating I run
them backwards very shallow but when breaking up the soil I run them
forward. MUCH BETTER

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Srgnt Billko 17-11-2005 12:15 AM

RU looking for a new tiller ?

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I am a Master Gardener and in a weakened moment I bought a Sears Rear
tine tiller on sale. The tines turned backwards and would wear you out.
I sold it and got a MTD with reversing tines. When cultivating I run
them backwards very shallow but when breaking up the soil I run them
forward. MUCH BETTER
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

I teach Master Gardeners - and can tell you Sears has a model with tines
that go both ways also. I believe it is their 7HP model. Their other models
go either forward or counter-rotating but not both. You are now using them
the way they were intended - the first time you bought the wrong type
machine for the purpose you intended.

Mel M Kelly 17-11-2005 02:18 PM

RU looking for a new tiller ?

I know I had the wrong one. The gear box was leaking oil also. I sold it
real cheap.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley