GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Water logged muddy lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/109103-water-logged-muddy-lawn.html)

wannabgardener 16-11-2005 08:00 PM

Water logged muddy lawn

My lawn, if you could call it that, is really muddy and walking on it just mashes the grass into the dirt. I have been told that adding some sand to my soil may help to firm it all up. Any comments on this will be appreciated as will any suggestions to the types of sand I should look at.

Jim 17-11-2005 11:34 AM

Water logged muddy lawn

Sounds like a drainage problem, not stability.

If you have good drainage, its probably a surface clay soil that's easily
water saturated. Or a really high water table. Or both.

Can't provide a suggestion unless I know what's broke.

--
Lil' Dave
Beware the rule quoters, the corp mindset, the Borg