Old 20-11-2005, 12:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
The Rat Hehehe

Default Idle Problem Honda Mower Buffalo HRU196 GXV160 OHV

Idle Problem Honda Mower Buffalo HRU196 GXV160 OHV

Hi folks

I have a Honda mower with a GXV160 OHV 5.5 Hp engine that will not idle. It
appears to run ok at full revs, but when I bring it back to idle the motor
slows them speed up again over and over at if the engine is running to slow
and the governor is compensating for the low revs.

The governor spring and lever are connected at the top of the governor lever
to the carby and the lower spring on the governor lever is still connected
to another lever attached to the throttle cable.

This problem started after I removed the blade disk to replace the blades.

Any ideas or is it a trip to the dealer

Old 24-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Hehehe
Idle Problem Honda Mower Buffalo HRU196 GXV160 OHV

Hi folks

I have a Honda mower with a GXV160 OHV 5.5 Hp engine that will not idle. It
appears to run ok at full revs, but when I bring it back to idle the motor
slows them speed up again over and over at if the engine is running to slow
and the governor is compensating for the low revs.

The governor spring and lever are connected at the top of the governor lever
to the carby and the lower spring on the governor lever is still connected
to another lever attached to the throttle cable.

This problem started after I removed the blade disk to replace the blades.

Any ideas or is it a trip to the dealer
Start the engine up and slow it down until it goes to hunting. Then take your finger and slowly apply the choke, If it smoothes out there is some trash or something in the idle circuit in the carb. , To fix remove the carb. tear it down and clean with carb. choke spray cleaner and reassemble.
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki
Robin
Onan
Dixie Chopper
Cub Cadet
White Outdoor
Troybuilt
Old 26-11-2005, 09:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
The Rat Hehehe

Thanks restrorob

All fixed now. Thanks for your guidance. My local Honda dealer was not that
forth coming with info on what could be wrong. I guess he may have been
thinking of the lining of his pocket.

Kind Regards

Anthony Y
A E Y Garden & Property Services