Old 14-12-2005, 11:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Gavin Paton

Default How do I get rid of Moles?

This may be resurrecting an old subject but I have a huge problem with Mole
hills on my lawn in Brittany, France.
I have tried everything except poison, this I cannot use because I have
three dogs and would not risk their health.
I have found that mole hills do not appear in the parts of the lawns that
have been treated with "Weed & Feed". Does this product have an effect on
the worms in the teated areas or dirctly on the moles? If this is the answer
is it possible to make a weed and feed substitute as the commercial product
is very expensive here in France and my lawns cover a large area.
Any help and advise would be must welcome as would a recipe for weed and
feed.
Many thanks in advance
Gavin

Old 14-12-2005, 05:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

hi gavin, i have killed amost a hundred moles in the last 3 years, i
use sissor mole traps i got from gemplers.com. i tried the products
advertised as mole reppellants and they did not work. i did notice when
i put amonium nitrate fertilizer on my back lot that i have garden and
fruit trees that the moles left to the surrounding areas for several
months. lucas

Old 15-12-2005, 02:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
tightwad

Gavin Paton wrote:

This may be resurrecting an old subject but I have a huge problem with Mole
hills on my lawn in Brittany, France.
I have tried everything except poison, this I cannot use because I have
three dogs and would not risk their health.
I have found that mole hills do not appear in the parts of the lawns that
have been treated with "Weed & Feed". Does this product have an effect on
the worms in the teated areas or dirctly on the moles? If this is the answer
is it possible to make a weed and feed substitute as the commercial product
is very expensive here in France and my lawns cover a large area.
Any help and advise would be must welcome as would a recipe for weed and
feed.
Many thanks in advance
Gavin

Wee and Feed will certainly affect them. I had a problem with them.
I also had some black fungus on the fescue. I spread fungicide and they
didn't like that.It rained in the next few days .
Several came out of their holes and raced around screaming over the
next few days. I didn't know they could make a sound.
My daughter caught one and took it to school. She had to feed it
crickets etc every few minutes.
I guess the others went into the woods or died.
Old 15-12-2005, 06:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Addisons

"tightwad" wrote in message
Gavin Paton wrote:

[...]

The main reason moles are in your lawn is the presence of grubs. Grubs are
candy to a mole. Get rid of the grubs and you should get rid of the moles. I
know this from experience.

Hawkeye65

Old 06-01-2006, 10:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dave

You guys are making this way too tough...

All you have to do is light a fusee (road flair) and shove it in the
hole. Kick the dirt into the hole so the acrid smoke won't come out,
instead it will fill the tunnels and the moles will leave. If they
don't,,, they will die.
The sulfer smell is way too strong to exist. You may have to hit them
a few times before they quit coming back.

This works great!

Old 06-01-2006, 11:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
BoNanner

On 6 Jan 2006 13:57:31 -0800, "dave" wrote:

You guys are making this way too tough...

All you have to do is light a fusee (road flair) and shove it in the
hole. Kick the dirt into the hole so the acrid smoke won't come out,
instead it will fill the tunnels and the moles will leave. If they
don't,,, they will die.
The sulfer smell is way too strong to exist. You may have to hit them
a few times before they quit coming back.

This works great!

Caddy Shack meets Wack-A-Mole
Old 07-01-2006, 10:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
hiebs

I heard this on public radio today, Juicy fruit gum, I guess they eat
and and it messes up there innerds. Dont know if it really works.

--
hiebs
hiebs's Profile: http://www.HomeOutfit.com/member.php?userid=69

Old 08-01-2006, 03:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mel-Donnie Kelly

NO gum don't work. Get a harpoon trap and learn how to use it.

Mel & Donnie down in Bluebird Valley In the middle of beautiful down
town Yountsville. Managers of the water works.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
KCnRichmond

Moles are helping you, grubs are favorite food and the aerate your lawn and
garden beds. They are carnivores and don't eat roots, voles do.

oups.com...

Old 11-01-2006, 07:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
BoNanner

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:05:06 GMT, "KCnRichmond"
wrote:

Moles are helping you, grubs are favorite food and the aerate your lawn and
garden beds. They are carnivores and don't eat roots, voles do.

the problem is, in a garden they tunnel under your plants and the
roots dry out

Old 26-01-2006, 12:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

there are some nash mole traps on ebay . i think they are the best
trap. lucas

Old 16-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Paton
This may be resurrecting an old subject but I have a huge problem with Mole
hills on my lawn in Brittany, France.
I have tried everything except poison, this I cannot use because I have
three dogs and would not risk their health.
I have found that mole hills do not appear in the parts of the lawns that
have been treated with "Weed & Feed". Does this product have an effect on
the worms in the teated areas or dirctly on the moles? If this is the answer
is it possible to make a weed and feed substitute as the commercial product
is very expensive here in France and my lawns cover a large area.
Any help and advise would be must welcome as would a recipe for weed and
feed.
Many thanks in advance
Gavin
I too had ?have a mole problem in a big way. I tried all the logical and some times plain daft methods recommended. Finally I found that the only reliable way is to trap them using half barrel traps, also known as dufus traps in areas where there are large molehills and scissor traps where the runs are visible as raised ruts on the surface. I get about a 1 in 5 success rate and have the satisfaction of knowing not hoping that I have gotten rid.