GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Honda mower question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/110406-honda-mower-question.html)

John H. 08-01-2006 07:59 AM

Honda mower question

Hi
I decided to service my mower myself this year, oil is easy to change but
having a heck of time gettin the blade off
to sharpen. Cant find my manual. Is there a trick to getting the blade off.
I've got a Honda Harmony HRT, about 8 years old. Original blade. I was
wondering if maybe after 8 years I should get buy a new blade? Its one of
those mulching blades.
Also, when it runs it seems to rev up and down after a few minutes, does
anyone know whats causing this?

any help greatly appreciated

Srgnt Billko 08-01-2006 02:44 PM

Honda mower question

"John H." wrote in message
. ..
Hi
I decided to service my mower myself this year, oil is easy to change but
having a heck of time gettin the blade off
to sharpen. Cant find my manual. Is there a trick to getting the blade
off.
I've got a Honda Harmony HRT, about 8 years old. Original blade. I was
wondering if maybe after 8 years I should get buy a new blade? Its one of
those mulching blades.

The trick is to not leave it on for 8 years. In general, it helps to have
some kind of wedge (wooden) to keep the blade from spinning and an impact
tool to loosen nuts & bolts. (either a pneumatic impact wrench or one of
those $10 socket drivers you wack with a hammer or a breaker bar and
hammer).

xSoldier 08-01-2006 06:43 PM

Honda mower question

"John H." wrote in message
. ..
Hi
I decided to service my mower myself this year, oil is easy to change but
having a heck of time gettin the blade off
to sharpen. Cant find my manual. Is there a trick to getting the blade

off.
I've got a Honda Harmony HRT, about 8 years old. Original blade. I was
wondering if maybe after 8 years I should get buy a new blade? Its one of
those mulching blades.

Also, when it runs it seems to rev up and down after a few minutes, does
anyone know whats causing this?

Check your belts- it sounds like one is slipping.