Old 05-02-2006, 05:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Me

Default Looking for a Quick Growing Plant

Hi there.

For a science experiment I am doing with a child, I am looking for a seed
that once planted will sprout and grow quickly such that height measurements
can be taken. The time frame that I am looking at is 7-9 days. Does
anybody know of a suitable seed that we can use? You help is much
appreciated.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Balderstone

In article , Me
wrote:

For a science experiment I am doing with a child, I am looking for a seed
that once planted will sprout and grow quickly such that height measurements
can be taken. The time frame that I am looking at is 7-9 days. Does
anybody know of a suitable seed that we can use? You help is much
appreciated.

Kidney beans, mung beans, radishes, sweet peas...

Just off the top of my head.

--
The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian is that the soldier
accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he

Old 06-03-2006, 02:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Balderstone

In article , Me
wrote:

For a science experiment I am doing with a child, I am looking for a seed
that once planted will sprout and grow quickly such that height measurements
can be taken. The time frame that I am looking at is 7-9 days. Does
anybody know of a suitable seed that we can use? You help is much
appreciated.

Radishes come to mind

--
Talking about art is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa

Old 06-03-2006, 03:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mel M Kelly

About any kind of a bean or wheat

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Oscar_Lives

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
About any kind of a bean or wheat

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

How about crabgrass or chickweed?

Old 04-04-2006, 08:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Darryl

Mel M Kelly wrote:
About any kind of a bean or wheat

Stay away from magic beans, though. Kids love'em, but those magic bean
dealers will take you for everything you've got.

Back when I was young and foolish, I lost a good cow that way.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mel M Kelly

I would like to talk to this Mel M Kelly. It seems we have the same name
but I am probably better looing!

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 05-04-2006, 03:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes

Just how do you rate the performance in the loo exactly?
:-)
Tomes

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I would like to talk to this Mel M Kelly. It seems we have the same name
but I am probably better looing!

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley