Old 24-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Christopher

Default Calibrating Scotts Accugreen 1000 drop spreader

I lost the directions for this spreader and want to check it and
calibrate if neccessary.

I remember how to calibrate it, but as I recall you dial it in to a
certain number when calibrating. Does anyone with this spreader know
the magic number?

For future reference, I'll write that number on the hopper with a
sharpie marker.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher
Old 27-03-2003, 04:21 AM
Tim Fischer

wrote in message

Just read the bag of product you're using, for the lbs/1000sg ft rate,and
divide. HTH

Unfortunately that's not what he asked.

What he wants is the number for *calibrating* the spreader. That is, making
sure that the #4 setting on the spreader puts out the standard amount of
stuff that it should when set at #4.

-Tim

Old 27-03-2003, 04:21 AM

"Tim Fischer" wrote:
wrote in message

Just read the bag of product you're using, for the lbs/1000sg ft rate,
and divide. HTH

Unfortunately that's not what he asked.

What he wants is the number for *calibrating* the spreader. That is,
making sure that the #4 setting on the spreader puts out the standard
amount of stuff that it should when set at #4.

-Tim

So,what is it?

--
Go#40 42 12
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 30-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Christopher

No scanner needed. I understand the directions you gave.

Thanks,
Christopher

Well, if I had a scanner I could just scan this in, but here goes.

CALIBRATION:

Your AccuGreen 1000 spreader was not clibrated at the factory. You may
calibrate your spreader as follows:

1. Adjust the micrometer setting to 6.

2. Squeese the trigger against the handle.

3. The front edge of the shutoff bar should be aligned with the
calibration line engraved on the bottom of the hopper.

4. To adjust the alignment, use a small wrench to turn the black
calibration screw at the lower end of the control wire leading from
the micrometer insert.

As I said, wish I could scan this, since you won't have the picture.
The pictures shows the spreader lying on the front, and the
calibration line looks to be about in the center, just about under
where the cable is hooked to the shutoff bar.

Hopefully, someone else has a scanner and will reply with a scan of
this picture.