Old 27-03-2003, 02:20 PM
bentcajungirl

Default Catalpa tree

I know all the pros and cons about the catalpas. Worm droppings, flowers
making slimy mess. Nonetheless, does anyone know where a catalpa tree can
be purchased?
Perry
bentcajungirl

Old 27-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Peter H

"bentcajungirl" wrote in message
I know all the pros and cons about the catalpas. Worm droppings, flowers
making slimy mess. Nonetheless, does anyone know where a catalpa tree can
be purchased?
Perry
bentcajungirl

You should be able to find one at a garden center. I doubt that Home Depot
etc. would carry them.

Peter H

Old 04-04-2003, 08:32 PM
C&C Fencing Supply

Don't have an answer for you, but those catalpa worms are some of the
best Blue Gill/perch bait in existence.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:10:35 -0600, "bentcajungirl"
wrote:

I know all the pros and cons about the catalpas. Worm droppings, flowers
making slimy mess. Nonetheless, does anyone know where a catalpa tree can
be purchased?
Perry
bentcajungirl

***********************
We Ship Daily! Come visit our site.
Authorized Dealer - Jake's Wire Tighteners
C @ C Fencing Supply Co.
www.fencingsource.com
Old 05-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Mother Earth

Check out the nursery at Ty Ty Georgia. They don't have online ordering, but
you can call their toll free number. I've ordered a couple of trees from
them--not catalpa--and they were very good people to deal with. The trees
were just gorgeous when I got them, well packed and lots of roots. They took
off quickly upon planting and are healthy as can be. They do have catalpa
for $6.95 plus shipping for a gallon-size tree.
Check them out at http://www.tytyga.com/main.html.

Old 05-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Mother Earth

By the way, we used to have a large catalpa at a house we lived in 30 years
ago. It was a beautiful tree, great for shade, and we never saw a worm in it
during the 5 years we lived there.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:20 PM
bentcajungirl

From what I understand, you (the person) are to physically re-locate a worm
to the tree. I guess they are not as prolific as they once were and we
humans have to help..
Thank you for the link.
Perry
bentcajungirl

Old 06-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Mother Earth

I believe I'll pass on that cause. You're welcome for the link.

"bentcajungirl" wrote in message
. ..
From what I understand, you (the person) are to physically re-locate a

worm
to the tree. I guess they are not as prolific as they once were and we
humans have to help..
Thank you for the link.
Perry
bentcajungirl

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Catalpa Tree Jack Schmidling Gardening 5 09-10-2006 07:47 PM
Catalpa tree question Ace Gardening 2 07-09-2004 03:36 PM
Catalpa tree question Joe Edible Gardening 2 28-08-2003 11:42 PM
catalpa tree Raleighgirl North Carolina 3 08-05-2003 10:32 PM
Catalpa tree bentcajungirl Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:58 PM