Old 27-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Zookie

Default Suggest a lawn fert w/pre-emergent.

Can someone suggest a good lawn fertilizer with a pre-emergent weed killer?

I cannot make any sense out of all these products from Scott, Vigoro, etc.
Which one works?

I'm in Michigan, regular ol' grass.

Thanks,

Zookie

I Never Repeat Gossip...
So Listen Carefully!

Old 28-03-2003, 04:32 AM

"Zookie" Zookie at comcast.net wrote:
Can someone suggest a good lawn fertilizer with a pre-emergent weed
killer?

I cannot make any sense out of all these products from Scott, Vigoro,
etc. Which one works?

I'm in Michigan, regular ol' grass.

Thanks,

Zookie

I Never Repeat Gossip...
So Listen Carefully!

Look for the active ingedient 'dimension'. The food part will always work.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 28-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Peter H

wrote in message
"Zookie" Zookie at comcast.net wrote:
Can someone suggest a good lawn fertilizer with a pre-emergent weed
killer?

I cannot make any sense out of all these products from Scott, Vigoro,
etc. Which one works?

I'm in Michigan, regular ol' grass.

Thanks,

Zookie

I Never Repeat Gossip...
So Listen Carefully!

Look for the active ingedient 'dimension'. The food part will always work.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops
http://NewsReader.Com/

" Dimension" is a weed killer, but the only weed it will kill will be
crabgrass. Since crabgrass is so similar to our normal grass it requires a
special selective herbicide. If you are looking for a broad-spectrum
herbicide that will kill all kinds of weeds any of the weed-and-feed
fertilizers will do. Don't lay it down until you begin to see weeds actively
growing in the lawn though or it's effectiveness will be greatly diminished.

Peter H

Old 28-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Roger Safian

I just use the Scott's step program. (I don't know the exact names, they
come in four or five color coded packages to be applied at different times
during the year) Seems to work pretty good, and it's an easy program as
well.

Old 29-03-2003, 12:20 AM

"Peter H" wrote:
wrote in message
"Zookie" Zookie at comcast.net wrote:
Can someone suggest a good lawn fertilizer with a pre-emergent weed
killer?

I cannot make any sense out of all these products from Scott, Vigoro,
etc. Which one works?

I'm in Michigan, regular ol' grass.

Thanks,

Zookie

I Never Repeat Gossip...
So Listen Carefully!

Look for the active ingedient 'dimension'. The food part will always
work.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops
http://NewsReader.Com/

" Dimension" is a weed killer,

No it's not,it's a pre-emrgence for annual grass weeds. It does have some
post emergent value,up until 3 tiller. (know what that is?)

Old 29-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Peter H

wrote in message
"Peter H" wrote:
wrote in message
"Zookie" Zookie at comcast.net wrote:
Can someone suggest a good lawn fertilizer with a pre-emergent weed
killer?

I cannot make any sense out of all these products from Scott,

Vigoro,
etc. Which one works?

I'm in Michigan, regular ol' grass.

Thanks,

Zookie

I Never Repeat Gossip...
So Listen Carefully!

Look for the active ingedient 'dimension'. The food part will always
work.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops

http://NewsReader.Com/

" Dimension" is a weed killer,

No it's not,it's a pre-emrgence for annual grass weeds. It does have some
post emergent value,up until 3 tiller. (know what that is?)

As a matter of fact I do know what a " Tiller" is and I can even spell "
pre-emergent" properly. The person who asked the original question obviously
didn't have a clue about "weeds" or "weed killers" and I was simply trying
to simplify the subject and enlighten him a bit.

I also thought your reply was a bit misleading. I don't know whether you
misread his post or perhaps just didn't have much knowledge of the subject
matter.

Peter H

Old 29-03-2003, 02:32 PM

"Peter H" wrote:
wrote in message
"Peter H" wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

If you don't know,don't reply. Simple really.

Old 31-03-2003, 03:56 AM
David Shaddock

In NY Dimension can only be purchased and applied by a NYSDEC Certified
Pesticide Applicator according to a publication from the Cornell Cooperative
Extension.

The publication also states that Corn Gluten is an alternative for
preemergent crabgrass control. It was developed by Iowa State according to
some items found on the web.

Anyone use this and can comment on its success and where to get it?

Dave S.

"Peter H" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...