Old 31-03-2003, 01:20 AM
John

Default mower not run in 2 yrs

My toro self propelled push mower is rarely used as I have a rider. I
usually use stabil in it and have good luck starting it even after a year of
nonuse. However, last year I did NOT put the stabil in and now the mower
won't start. Is there something I can pour in the fuel tank and let it sit
for several days that would alleviate my bad fuel problem enough to get it
started?

Old 31-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Dr. Doctor

no, I know of no product that will change stale gas to good gas. You need
to flush of the old gas out of thecarb and depending on how bad it is it
may need a kit / cleaned.

Old 09-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Die Spammer !!!

John wrote:

My toro self propelled push mower is rarely used as I have a rider. I
usually use stabil in it and have good luck starting it even after a year of
nonuse. However, last year I did NOT put the stabil in and now the mower
won't start. Is there something I can pour in the fuel tank and let it sit
for several days that would alleviate my bad fuel problem enough to get it
started?

try getting the old gas out of the tank and fuel line first then maybe before
putting the tank back on put a few drops of gas down the carb and quickly try to
start the engine or before you do that make sure the inlet tube is clean inside
.. then try puting some gas down the carb and try starting that way ...

Old 10-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Justbrilliant

pour gas in the carb and keep on pulling. You may tip it on its side to
get the gas to get in the chamber.

Old 24-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Patrick Smith

You might need to disassemble the carb and check to see if the float is
stuck. I had the same problem with mine recently after I had stored it for
a year. The float was stuck by crystalization. I had to clean the carb and
get a new float, pin, and rod.

Pat