GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   well area planting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/123835-well-area-planting.html)

Noreen Edwards 23-02-2006 06:01 PM

well area planting

Our wellhead is in the front lawn. Is it possible to plant flowers and
shrubs in the area, without worrying about it affection our well water?

Srgnt Billko 23-02-2006 07:47 PM

well area planting

Sounds fine to me but I don't think I would fertilize around there.

Ronald' 26-02-2006 11:37 AM

well area planting

I've got shrubs all around the wellhead. How deep is your well. Mine is 70
feet. Nothing I do on the surface will affect the water in the well after
going through all that clay and limestone. The aquifer is under all your
neighbors also. Its all the same water.

Srgnt Billko 27-02-2006 02:19 AM

well area planting

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
Sounds fine to me but I don't think I would fertilize around there.

Yeah, no shit.

Good point - I wouldn't shit there either.