Old 01-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Dave Ridout

Default Red Thread Disease

HELP. Can anyone advise me how to get rid of Red Thread Disease in a lawn
that is two years old laid from turf?

I understand that there is a fungicide available, but my garden centre does
not know what to use.

Also, what can anyone recommend as a good lawn fertilizer to make the grass
a lush green colour as mine is now pretty grim thanks to Red Thread.

TIA

Dave Ridout
www.landrover-td5-90.co.uk

Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Andrew Perl

Dave,

You will have to treat it with a fungicide. I have used sprays in the past.
I used a preventative treatment last year and did not have any problems. The
stuff I got contained a fungicide called Bayleton. I did a quick check and
found that Bayer Advanced now carries a lawn fundicide that not only cures
many fungi (included red thread), but also acts as systemic preventative.
The chemical is absorbed by the grass plants and helps the grass become more
resistant to future infections.

Good luck.

Andrew in KC

Old 02-04-2003, 03:20 AM

"Andrew Perl" wrote:
Dave,

You will have to treat it with a fungicide. I have used sprays in the
past. I used a preventative treatment last year and did not have any
problems. The stuff I got contained a fungicide called Bayleton. I did a
quick check and found that Bayer Advanced now carries a lawn fundicide
that not only cures many fungi (included red thread), but also acts as
systemic preventative. The chemical is absorbed by the grass plants and
helps the grass become more resistant to future infections.

Good luck.

Andrew in KC

Bayleton is what I'd suggest too. It gives you around a 30 day residual.
(1% granular..corn cob carrier)

Dunno about the Bayer product. (?)

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 02-04-2003, 03:20 AM

"Dave Ridout" wrote:
HELP. Can anyone advise me how to get rid of Red Thread Disease in a lawn
that is two years old laid from turf?

I understand that there is a fungicide available, but my garden centre
does not know what to use.

Also, what can anyone recommend as a good lawn fertilizer to make the
grass a lush green colour as mine is now pretty grim thanks to Red
Thread.

TIA

Dave Ridout
www.landrover-td5-90.co.uk