Old 02-04-2006, 08:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Robert11

Default Putting Snowblower Away For Season: Best Approach ?

Hello:

First time I've had a snowblower.
Will be putting it away for the season, now.

Regarding the best approach to take with the gas that is still in the tank:

Thinking about it a bit, I guess there are 3 possibilities -

a. Put some Stab-Oil in the tank, and just run it all dry.
Any small amount of gas left in the Carb would presumably have some
Stab-Oil in it.

b. Again with Stab-Oil in tank, but this time just close the fuel shut-off
cock and run until it stops.
There might be a fair amount of gas left in the tank with this
approach.

c. Just put some Stab-Oil in tank, run it for few minutes, and leave alone.
With this approach, the gas in the Carb would (probably) not be
depleted, and any seals would remain wet.
Read somewhere that this might be good, as dried out seals are bad
news.

d. Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 02-04-2006, 08:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
gonefishn

"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

Bob,
I like "C" dried out seals are bad. Don't forget to pull the battery and
charge it periodicly during the off season. Scrub off all the salt. Also
spray a preservative (WD-40 at least) on all the bare metal.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Oscar_Lives

"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

I vote "A".

What does your manual say?

Old 03-04-2006, 01:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Oscar_Lives wrote:

What does your manual say?

That's a good place to look. With mine, I add stablilizer, then run it
dry.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby

I'm on my 18th year with my lawn tractor. I have never run it dry
because that lets the gaskets and diaphragms in the carburetor get hard
and crack, producing leaks. I haven't had any problems at all of that
nature. Same with my chainsaw and my string trimmer.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

wrote:
Oscar_Lives wrote:

What does your manual say?

That's a good place to look. With mine, I add stablilizer, then run it
dry.

It's an age old argument.