Old 07-04-2006, 03:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ed Sievers

Default Vented Storm Door Available?

I posted this in error to another group
yesterday so this is my 2nd attempt to
post it to this group....hope I got it right
this time.

I was told (by a HD dude) that there is a storm
door manufacturer that puts permanent vents at
the top and bottom of one of their storm door
models to provide "chimney-like" venting of the
space between the "real" door and the storm
door. (The door sales guy can't remember the
manufacturer .... of course) My door faces
South and the heat build-up warped the original
fiberglass/plastic mouldings around the window
panes in the entrance door.....I have since made
wood mouldings up special and replaced the
original moulding, and that works fine. I would
really like to get rid of the intense heat in that
space though.....the "full view" storm sash I have
in the current storm door is really more for looks
than anything else + I have film on it to prevent
fading of the entrance door.

Anyone know of such a vented storm door?
The only one I have been able to "Google Up"
has a monster vent clear across the bottom
(looks bad) and no "outlet" at the top!

If I could round up some brass bezels, I
believe I could drill and install several small,
round, screened vents myself.....but I would
need a few "courage pills" before taking a
sawhole drill to a new door )

TIA Ed S in Western Nebraska

Old 07-04-2006, 09:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
plug

I think its called a screen door.
or you could line it with white paper to reflect the sun.