GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ranking the HD & lowes machines (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/142194-ranking-hd-lowes-machines.html)

Srgnt Billko 09-04-2006 10:24 PM

Ranking the HD & lowes machines

Just for the sake of discussion I thought I'd give my ranking of the lawn
tractors currently at Lowes and HD.

Lowes Husqvarna is still the Caddy of tractors.
JD (both stores) is most popular around here.
Toro & Troybuilt are right behind and tied.
Cub Cadet is under-rated so it loses resale value.
Murray ends up on the bottom even though independent testers call it a best
buy.

Tim Rogers 10-04-2006 02:56 AM

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
Just for the sake of discussion I thought I'd give my ranking of the lawn
tractors currently at Lowes and HD.

Murray ends up on the bottom even though independent testers call it a
best buy.

And you'll only find them on clearance at HD since Depot dumped them when
Murray went into bankruptcy.
Even though they were bought out by Briggs & Stratton, they couldn't meet
production demands.

Artemis 10-04-2006 11:44 PM

Tim Rogers wrote:
"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

Just for the sake of discussion I thought I'd give my ranking of the lawn
tractors currently at Lowes and HD.

Murray ends up on the bottom even though independent testers call it a
best buy.

And you'll only find them on clearance at HD since Depot dumped them when
Murray went into bankruptcy.
Even though they were bought out by Briggs & Stratton, they couldn't meet
production demands.

Just FYI -
Briggs & Stratton did not have a whole lot of choice there. Murray is a
huge user of B&S engines and likely owed them a pile of money. I think
it was probably a good strategy to try to protect this customer.

--
Art