Old 12-04-2006, 01:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MaryL

Default Hose-end dispenser for herbicide (Gilmour?)

At one time, I used a Gilmour product to spray herbicide or fertilizer on
the lawn. It was a bottle with spray nozzle that attached to the hose. I
primarily used it for herbicide for broad-leaf weeds and used it selectively
in limited areas of the lawn. The plastic bottle could hold liquid product,
and a dial on the sprayer head was rotated to select the correct amount to
be dispensed. The herbicide or fertilizer would be mixed with water when
the faucet was turned on and the handle of the sprayer was depressed.

This worked very well, but I have not been able to find one for a long time.
It was made by Gilmour, but I don't see the item on their web site (and
email bounced back). Does anyone know if the item can still be found, or
possibly a similar product? It was much easier on my back than using a
spray cannister.

Thanks,
MaryL

Old 12-04-2006, 01:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:
[...]

Hi Mary.

There's other makes and models on the market but I can't vouch for their
accuracy. It's nice when you find a model you're comfortable with.

Have you tried emailing the manufacturer?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:
[...]

Duh..you said the email bounced, never mind.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Cam

MaryL wrote:
[...]

miracle grow sells them to dispense fertilizer. I have purchased them
at big box stores.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Cam

MaryL wrote:
[...]

http://www.ortho.com/index.cfm/event...dc1b9e16bf9c06
looked in garage it was ortho dial N spray. not miracle grow
link to it above

Old 12-04-2006, 03:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Cam wrote:
MaryL wrote:
[...]

http://www.ortho.com/index.cfm/event...ocumentId/f579
a6c8279538f677dc1b9e16bf9c06 looked in garage it was ortho dial N spray.
not miracle grow link to it above

Where does that say Gilmore?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MaryL

"Cam" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the link. That looks similar, although it does not "look" like
as good a product (but looks can be deceiving). However, that is the
closest I have seen to what I want. If no one here can direct me to Gilmour
or a look-a-like, I will try this one. Thanks, again!

MaryL

Old 12-04-2006, 06:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Warren

MaryL wrote:
At one time, I used a Gilmour product to spray herbicide or fertilizer
on the lawn. It was a bottle with spray nozzle that attached to the
hose. I primarily used it for herbicide for broad-leaf weeds and used
it selectively in limited areas of the lawn. The plastic bottle could
hold liquid product, and a dial on the sprayer head was rotated to
select the correct amount to be dispensed. The herbicide or
fertilizer would be mixed with water when the faucet was turned on and
the handle of the sprayer was depressed.

This worked very well, but I have not been able to find one for a long
time. It was made by Gilmour, but I don't see the item on their web
site (and email bounced back). Does anyone know if the item can still
be found, or possibly a similar product? It was much easier on my
back than using a spray cannister.

Here's a 2-pack for under $25:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...holzemville-20

You can use one for fertilizer, and a second for herbicides, and reduce
any cross-contamination.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Power Lawncare Tools for Spring Clean-up:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/

Old 12-04-2006, 07:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MaryL

"Warren" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:
[...]

Thanks. This looks like the set to get. This one even comes from the
Gilmour group, but (as with a previous message) does not look at good as in
the past -- the dial looks like basic plastic instead of the nicer dial they
once had. Still, it will *not* get frequent use. And, yes, I do need two.
I always keep herbicides separate from other applications and *never* mix
the two, not even after thorough cleaning.

MaryL

Old 12-04-2006, 01:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Cam

Steveo wrote:
Cam wrote:

MaryL wrote:

[...]

nowhere in the OP is the word Gilmore.
My reply falls under the "or possibly similar product" catagory.

might be time for some new glasses or try cleaning your monitor.

Old 15-04-2006, 01:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Melissa

[...]

I just bought one today at my local seed and supply company. It has the
brass parts and here is a link to it on the Gilmour website:

http://www.gilmour.com/Tank_Sprayers.../NoPre-Mix.asp

Old 15-04-2006, 07:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MaryL

"Melissa" wrote in message
news

[...]

Fantastic! The one on the left (model #362) is what I was looking for --
with brass parts, as you said. I had just about given up hope that it was
still made. I had gone to what I thought was Gilmour's home page, but the
email link bounced. The site you gave even has a "partners" link, so maybe
I will have success this time.

MaryL

Weed and feed dispenser for hosepipe pullet_surprise United Kingdom 5 14-05-2009 09:29 PM
Gilmour hoses and adapters AKT Gardening 2 20-08-2008 09:53 PM
Fish Food Dispenser Matt Farmer Ponds (moderated) 0 08-11-2007 10:21 AM
hot water dispenser bill Lawns 3 04-07-2005 04:36 AM
Gardena watering fertilizer dispenser??? Matthew Durkin United Kingdom 7 10-08-2004 04:54 PM